CDS Combined Defence Services Age Limit Qualification Exam Pattern Details
CDS Combined Defence Services Age Limit Qualification Exam Pattern Details : Pathfinder CDS (Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination) A Complete Self Study Guide for CDS Examination Study material in English.
CDS Graduate Level Exam 2018 Complete Details and Latest Pattern
A career in Defence service is the much sought after occupation today for those young and courageous youths of the country who are willing to dedicate their lives to defend the country and its people, the Combined Defence Services Examination is the world i.e. the Indian Armed Forces. Full Details are in CDS Combined Defence Services Age Limit Qualification Exam Pattern Details post. UPSC conducts the Combined Defense Services Exam twice every year generally in February and August fir recruiting officers for the Indian Military Academy. Male candidates can join IMA, Naval and Air Force but for Female candidates OTA in army is available. The examination comprises of two stages – the first stage consists of written test and those who qualify the written test are called for interview by Service Selection Board (SSB) for Intelligence and Personality Test.
NATIONALITY OF CDS CANDIDATE
A CDS candidate /aspirant must be either
- Indian citizen, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- A person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility, will not , however, be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
CDS Combined Defence Services AGE LIMIT, SEX and MARITAL STATUS FOR 2018 Examination
Back to Index : CDS Study Material, Exam Details, Notifications, Study Material Sample Model Previous Year Practice Question Papers
- For IMA and Indian Naval Academy – unmarried male candidates having age not less than 18 years on 1st July and not more than 23 years on 2nd July on accordance with the year of examination is eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – male candidates having age not less than 19 years as on 1st July and not more than 23 years as on 2nd July in accordance with the year of examination. (Upper Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA).
- For Officer’s Training Academy – male candidates ( married or unmarried) and female candidates ( unmarried and issueless widows of divorces who have not remarried) having age not less than 18 years as on 1st July and not more than 24 years as on 2nd July un accordance with the year of examination are eligible.
Minimum EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE Exam or CDS Exam
(i) For IMA/OTA a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
(ii) For Naval Academy degree in engineering from a recognized university.
(iii) For Air Force Academy degree from a recognized university ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
EXAMINATION PATTERN FOR GRADUATE LEVEL CDS CANDIDATE
(i)The written examination will be as follows:
|Subject||Duration||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||120||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||120||100|
NOTE– For admission in OTA, candidates are required to give only English and General Knowledge papers of 200 marks. One third of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
(ii) The SSB procedure consists of two stage selection process. Only those candidates who clear the stage 1 are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception. Description Test (PP and DT).
- Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer tasks psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.