M1 R4 DOEACC NIELIT O Level January 2008 Question Answer Sample Model Paper
M1 R4 DOEACC NIELIT O Level January 2008 Question Answer Sample Model Paper : National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) (Formerly DOEACC Society) IT Tools and Business Systems M1 R4 A1 R4 Solved Question Papers of Previous Years, Solved Model Test Paper as Per New Syllabus, Fully Solved Objectives and Detailed Answers of Descriptive Questions, M1 R4 O Level Question And Answer January 2008.
QUESTION PAPER, JANUARY, 2008
A1-R3: IT TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS
|1. There are TWO PARTS in this Module/Paper. PART ONE contains FOUR questions and PART TWO contains FIVE questions.|
2. PART ONE IS to be answered in the TEAR-OFF ANSWER SHEET only, attached to the question paper, as per the instructions contained therein. PSTY ONR is NOT to be answered in the answer book.
3. Maximum time allotted for PART ONT is ONE HOUR. Answer book for PART TWO Will be supplied at the table when the answer sheet for PART ONE is returned. However, candidates, who complete PART TWO immediately after handing over the answer sheet for PART ONE. Is returned. However, candidate, who complete PART TWO immediately after handing over the answer sheet for PART ONE.
Total time : 3 hours
TOTAL MARKS : 100
(PART ONE – 40: PART TOW – 60)
(Answer all the questions)
- 1. Each question below gives a multiple choice of answers. Choose the most appropriate one and enter in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein.
1.1 Which one is not an output device?
1.2 An Operating system is:
1.3 One MB is equal to:
The amount of RAM in every computer
I billion bytes
1.4 the resolution of a printer is measured in:
Dots per inch (DIP)
1.5 A computer port is used to:
Communicate with other computer peripherals
Download files from the web
Communicate with all hard drives
Connect computer together
1.6 which file extensions indicate only graphics files?
BMP and DOC
JPEG and TXT
TXT and STX
BMP and GIF
1.7 Whci one is an e-mail address?
1.8 To insert clip art, pictures from disk into a Word Document, Which of the following method is used?
Insert Picture Command
Insert Object command
Add picture command
Insert File command
1.9 Which of the following is not a tool for analyzing spreadsheet data?
1.10 The multiplication arithmetic operator is represented by which of the following symbols?
- 2. Each statement below is either TRUE and FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and ENTER in the “tear-off” sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein.
2.1 If the text centered in a cell does not fit, Excell with display ##### to indicate that the text is too long.
2.2 A muse is a pointing device.
2.3 An example of an input device is a printer.
2.4 Microsoft Office Word is an application program.
2.5 Which you download files you send files from your computer to the internet.
2.6 A bit is bigger than a byte.
2.7 An inkjet printer hammers rows of pins against paper to produce words or pictures.
2.8 You can add dates to worksheets. But spreadsheets cannot use dates in calculations.
2.9 In a spreadsheet, ordinary text is called a “label”
2.10 Presentation programs create notes for each slide. Which are visible only to the presenter.
- 3. Match words and phrase in column –X with the closest related meaning/word(s)/ Phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper. Following instructions therein.
3.1 Approximately a billion bytes or 10000 megabytes A. Text
3.2 A printed copy of computer output B. Modem
3.3 The use of graphical symbols instead of text
commands to control common computer functions C. iv
3.4 The programs or instructions that tell
the computer what to do. D. Hard Copy
3.5 The sequence of operations that defines
a solution to a problem in logic. E. Multimedia
3.6 A communications device which converts
electronic signals from one kind to another
for transmission over circuits such as telephone lines.
Cable lines, microwave, satellite etc. F. Graphical User Interface
3.7 A permanent storage device,
which uses a laser disk to red information. G. Spreadsheet
3.8 A combination of text, graphics, sound and animation H. Slide Show
3.9 what would be the best program for calculating numbers. I. del
3.10 Linux command J. CD ROM
- 4. Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Enter your choice in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper. Following instructions.
|A. Operating system||B. Virus||C. Insert||D. MegaHertz|
|E. Volatile||F. Sectors||G. Clipboard||H. Ctrl-Enter|
|I. Word Processor||J. JPEG||K. Upper||L. Lab Leader|
|M. Icon||N. Case||O. ASCII|
4.1 RAM is a(n)_____Memory.
4.2 Ms-word is an example of a(n)_______
4.3 The_______ generally controls interaction of the application software and all the hardware components.
4.4 In Unix, commands are _____ sensitive.
4.5 ____ is the name of a code used to represent characters.
4.6 The ______ is a format for image files.
4.7 ______ is a format for image files.
4.8 The feature that moves text to make room for new words as they are keyed is called _____ mode.
4.9 _________ is a small picture or symbol representing a computer hardware function or component.
4.10 The speed of the clock chip is measured in______
(Answer any FOUR questions)
- 5. (a) Convert (7305)8 to Binary and (1023)10 to Hexadecimal.
(b) Mention the basic functional units of a computer.
(c) What are the differences between RAM and ROM?
(d) What is the difference between systems software and applications software?
- 6. (a) What is the difference between impact and non impact printer?
(b) Explain primary memory and its properties and types.
(c) List and explain any tow input and output devices.
(d) With a neat diagram explain the working of a mouse.
- 7. (a) You may prefer your Word documents or multiple page letters to be printed without any numbering on the first page, how is it achieved?
(b) Define and explain how to adjust “List spacing” & paragraph spacing” in Word a document.
(c) In Power Pint, explaining using a custom animation effect, how do you make text appear on a slide leter by letter?
- 8. (a) What is the difference between Embedded Charts Sheet? What are Legends and how to add on the chart?
(b) What is the difference between relative and absolute references?
(c) In Excel, we have three functions named a ROUN (). ROUNDDOWN(). ROUNDUP(). How these are different? Explain with examples.
- 9. (a) What is a computer? Give the differences between compiler and interpreter?
(b) Explain the functions of an operating system.
(c) What are the internal tasks or activities involved during booling of a computer?