TNTET Structure and Content Paper I
No of Questions:150 MCQs
Exam Duration:3 Hours
|Sr. No.||Content||No. of Ques.||Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy|
(relevant to age group 6 – 11)
|2.||Language I –|
|3.||Language II –|
|5.||Environmental Studies or EVS||30||30|
- Child Development and Pedagogy : Educational Psychology of Teaching and Learning
- Language I : Candidate has to choose any one of the languages mentioned in Sl. No. 2 above. For recruitment process candidates will be considered for the vacancies in the concerned medium only.
- Language II – ENGLISH, Elements of language, Communication and Comprehension abilities.
- Mathematics – problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of Mathematics
- Environmental Studies – problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of Environmental Studies.
- The questions in the test Paper I will be based on the topics of the prescribed TNTET Syllabus of the State for Classes I – V but their difficulty level as well as linkages will be upto the Secondary Stage.
Structure and Content of TET Paper II
No of Questions: 150 MCQs
Exam Duration : 3 Hours
|Sr. No.||Content (All Compulsory)||No. of Ques||Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy – relevant to the age Group 11 – 14 Years (Compulsory)||30||30|
|2.||Language I – Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu (Compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II –|
|4.||a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science|
b) For Social Science Teacher: Social Science
c) Any Other Teacher [(a) or (b)]
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I The Candidate has to choose any one of the languages mentioned in Sl. No. 2 above. For TNTEN recruitment process, candidate shall be considered for the vacancies in the concerned medium only.
- Language II – ENGLISH, Elements of language, Communication and Comprehension Abilities.
- Mathematics and Science / Social Science : Concepts, Problem Solving Abilities and Pedagogical understanding of the subjects.
- The questions in the TNTET Paper II will be based on the topics of the prescribed Syllabus of the State for Classes VI – VIII their difficulty level as well as linkages will be upto the Senior Secondary (Higher Secondary) Stage.
Scheme of Written Examination:
- Question Paper will have 150 MCQs in the subjects under the relevant paper as mentioned above.
- Candidates have to mark the right choice of answers among the four options. Each right answer will be awarded one mark. There will not be any negative marking.
- The questions for all the subjects (except languages) will be both in Tamil and English.